CHICAGO, March 18, 2020 /CNW/ - BMO Harris Bank today announced how it is helping customers directly impacted by COVID-19. As well, BMO is introducing proactive measures to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of customers, team members and the communities where the bank operates.
Helping Our Customers
- To help alleviate some of the pressures that personal and small business customers may be facing, BMO has introduced a financial relief program for those impacted by COVID-19. The financial relief program is tailored to each individual's circumstances and needs, which could include deferral of payments and fee waivers on loans, mortgages and credit cards; fee waivers for checking and savings accounts; and other accommodations for BMO customers. For customers who have used BMO Harris Rewards or Diners Club Rewards to book travel, the bank is waiving the change fee and will work with the travel provider to process a change or cancellation request. This support could include a travel voucher with the provider or a full points refund. BMO has set up a dedicated number for customers who are experiencing financial hardship. Customers are encouraged to reach out to the BMO team at 1-800-888-8586.
- We have successfully transitioned many of our Wealth professionals to working remotely. We remain well positioned and fully operational to help our clients.
- BMO is committed to supporting the needs of our Commercial and Capital Markets customers on a one-on-one basis. The bank is in regular contact with its corporate clients and taking the necessary steps to continue to provide the service they rely on with a minimal level of disruption. Furthermore, through our BMO Transportation Finance business, the largest financier of trucks and trailers in North America, we are addressing the specific issues of this critical part of the economy. Our goal is to keep trucks on the road and commerce flowing.
Protecting Our Customers and Team Members
- BMO will temporarily close 63 U.S. branches. Lobby access will be temporarily suspended at 421 branches, while drive-up facilities at those branches will remain open with expanded services to better meet customers' needs. Customers who need to access a safe deposit box at a closed or drive-up-only branch will be able to do so by appointment. 69 hub branches will remain open for full-service banking needs. These branches are strategically located throughout the bank's service areas, in an effort to make full-service banking as accessible as possible. The bank will also standardize hours of operation to Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., local time. Saturday hours remain the same. In the event of a branch closure or to see hours of operation, customers can visit the BMO Harris branch locator. These changes will take effect March 18 and will be in place until further notice. BMO will continue to ensure that customers are provided with continuity of service via BMO's ATM network and have the ability to withdraw and deposit funds, as well as continue to serve customers via digital banking and telephone banking. Customers are encouraged to sign up for Digital Banking and Online Banking for Business, as applicable. BMO digital capabilities are free, easy to use and provide complete access 24/7.
- BMO Wealth Management will be moving to servicing clients remotely. Day-to-day banking needs for BMO Wealth Management clients can be performed through the open drive-up and hub branch locations.
- As the bank will continue to support customers, BMO recognizes the work team members are doing to provide an essential service to support the economy. Any full-time or part-time team member impacted by the changes will continue to receive full pay.
- Added precautionary measures, including enhanced cleaning protocols, have been implemented to protect the health of customers and team members.
- BMO has implemented a company-wide work from home approach for roles that can be performed remotely in an effort to support both public health efforts and the well-being of team members and communities.
For updates from BMO on COVID-19, please visit the bank's COVID-19 webpage.
About BMO Harris Bank
BMO Harris Bank provides a broad range of personal banking products and solutions through more than 500 branches and fee-free access to over 40,000 ATMs across the United States. BMO Harris Bank's commercial banking team provides a combination of sector expertise, local knowledge and mid-market focus throughout the United States. For more information about BMO Harris Bank, visit the company fact sheet. Accounts are subject to approval. BMO Harris Bank N.A. Member FDIC. BMO Harris Bank is part of BMO Financial Group, a highly diversified financial services provider with total assets of CDN$880 billion, as of January 31, 2020.
SOURCE BMO Harris Bank