Harris Nesbitt launches new automated exchange trade system
CHICAGO, January 10, 2005 - Harris Nesbitt today launched a new online trading system that will facilitate the real-time electronic transaction of foreign exchange for a wide range of corporate and institutional clients.
Called eFXpedite, the new platform will allow users to execute trades on the spot and access foreign exchange prices in real-time, saving clients time and money at every step.
"eFXpedite is an easy, fast and transparent alternative," said Jamie Thorsen, Global Head of Foreign Exchange, Harris Nesbitt. "The new service offers our global foreign exchange clients an additional trading channel to conduct business with us, while still maintaining direct access to the expertise and market knowledge of our FX traders and salespeople."
Currently, eFXpedite supports the execution of spot, forward, sw ap and cross-currency transactions. The system is configurable to allow online trading for all major currencies and actively traded minor currencies.
- Real-time account information allows clients to better manage and control their account activity leaving more time to pursue key trading strategies with their FX representative
- Timely information allows clients to make informed business decisions
- Users can log on at any time to view real-time rates streamed straight to their desktop
- Trade using real-time, executable foreign exchange prices
- Initiate deals with the click of a button and have details recorded automatically
- Allows clients to tailor services to match their specific needs
- Once a deal has been initiated, eFXpedite has its own built-in chat feature so users can speak with a trader directly from the application, providing another way to contact the trading desk
Harris Nesbitt, a member of BMO Financial Group, is one of the leading foreign exchange banks in North America and a major participant in global currency markets. Today, Harris Nesbitt maintains a top-tier position in the foreign exchange business in dollar volume, number of currencies, forecasting, and breadth and quality of service. The firm's 24-hour trading desk was established in 1983 and manages more than 1,000 orders each night, providing uninterrupted service. This around-the-clock service covers all time zones in every major market and a number of emerging markets.
Harris Nesbitt is an investment and corporate bank offering clients access to a full range of products and services inclu ding investment and corporate banking, treasury services, market risk management, institutional investing and research. Harris Nesbitt is part of Harris, an integrated financial services organization providing more than 1.5 million personal, business, corporate and institutional clients with banking, lending, investing and financial management solutions. Harris Nesbitt is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO). For more information, please visit www.harrisnesbitt.com.