Harridirect MarketPort to offer flat $9.95 equity trade pricing
JERSEY CITY, N.J., June 21, 2004 – Harrisdirect, the direct investing provider of Harris, today announced it will significantly reduce online trade pricing for its active trader platform, MarketPort, effective July 6, 2004.
MarketPort clients will now receive flat $9.95 equity trades with no share ceiling*. Additionally, the option base commission will be reduced to $19.95 plus $1.50 per contract vs. the current price of $22.50 plus $1.50 per contract.
MarketPort offers clients direct access trading capabilities through leading ECNs including INET, ATS Inc. (INET) and ArchipelagoSM (ARCA), as well as direct routing to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and American Stock Exchange (ASE).
In order to qualify for MarketPort, clients must have an approved Harrisdirect margin account as well as a minimum opening balance of $ 50,000.
In addition to the full menu of tools and resources of the standard Harrisdirect platform, MarketPort clients receive:
- Nasdaq Level II Quotes and INET and ARCA Order Books, with integrated 1-click order input
- Streaming real-time market data and technical charting
- Time & Sales - which enables an investor to see actual trade prints as they are reported to the consolidated tape
- Fully customizable trading platform features
- Intelligent order routing capabilities that search for the best possible price available at the time of order entry
- Direct toll-free telephone access to experienced trading support representatives
- Real-time day-trade buying power up to four times that of NYSE Maintenance Excess
- All information viewable on one screen (Positions, Order Status, History, and more)
- Demo mode to explore and learn trading functions
System requirements for MarketPort include:
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/NT 4.0/ME
- CPU – 800 MHZ or greater
- RAM – 128 MB or greater
- Video – PCI or AGP card with 32 MB RAM (or greater) on the video card
- Internet Connectivity – DSL, cable modem or better
Harris is an integrated financial service organization providing more than 1.5 million personal, business, corporate and institutional clients with banking, lending, investing and financial management solutions. The community banking network of Harris is one of the largest in Illinois, with nearly 160 full-service locations throughout Chicagoland and more than 450 Harris ATMs. Under the Harris trademark is Harrisdirect, a leading provider of direct investing and investment advisory services to informed investors with long-term financial goals as well as third-party brokerage services to institutional clients; Harris Private Bank, a trusted advisor offering customized banking and lend ing, financial planning, trust and estate administration, wealth transfer and family office services; and Harris Nesbitt, a premier mid-market corporate and investment bank delivering investment and corporate banking, treasury services, market risk management, institutional investing and research. Harris is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO). For more information, please visit www.harrisbank.com.
* Broker assisted trades are subject to an additional $25 surcharge. A monthly Software and Data Fee of $129 is waived for clients trading 20 or more times during the month. The fee is also not charged for the first two calendar months when a client signs up for MarketPort. However, starting in the third calendar month, if a client does not reach the necessary 20 trades, the monthly fee is automatically deducted from the account on the first of the following calendar month for the month in advance.
Harris is a trademark used by various financial service providers in the BMO Financial Group, a marketing name used by Bank of Montreal. Banking products and services are provided by Harris N.A. and The Harris Bank N.A. Members FDIC. Insurance and annuities are offered through Harris Bancorp Insurance Services, Inc (HBIS). Securities are provided by Harris Nesbitt Corp (HNC), a registered broker dealer, member NYSE, FINRA and SIPC and Harrisdirect LLC, a registered broker dealer, member FINRA and SIPC. HBIS, HNC and Harrisdirect are wholly owned subsidiaries of Harris Financial Corp. Products offered by HBIS, HNC and Harrisdirectare Not Insured by the FDIC or any Federal Government Agency, Not a Deposit of or Guaranteed by Any Bank or Bank Affiliate, May Lose Value. The purchase of insurance or an annuity is not a condition on any bank loan or service. Financial planning and investment advisory services are provided by Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney, Inc., an SEC registered investment ad visor. Family office services are provided by Harris myCFO, Inc. Investment advisory services are also offered by Harris myCFO Investment Advisory Services LLC, an SEC registered investment advisor and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harris myCFO, Inc. Not all products and services are offered in every state and/or location.